- Grow Biointensive - Organic Farming Methodology & Network
- E-agriculture.org - Case studies and information about use of ICTs for sustainable agriculture and rural development
- Instituto Interamericano de Cooperacion para la Agricultura - (Spanish) Inter-American Institution for Agricultural Cooperation.
- Rodale Institute - Organic farming research for practical training to thousands of farmers in Africa, Asia and the Americas.
- Southeast Asian Regional Center for Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
Agricultural Support Organisations
- NCAT Sustainable Agriculture Project - Access to publications that promote conservation in the agricultural sector. The site can also be viewed in Spanish.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
- World Agroforestry Center - News and research on agroforestry from around the world
- The Fish Site- Huge amount of free news, information and research on fish-farming
- World Fish Center - Aquaculture for poverty reduction: news, research etc.
- Vetiver Network - The Vetiver System is a low-cost and extremely effective system for soil and water conservation, infrastructure stabilisation, pollution control, waste water treatment, mitigation and prevention of storm damage and many other applications. You never knew vetiver grass could have so many uses!
Educational Materials and Resources
- Commonwealth of Learning - Range of resources with heavy focus on open / distance learning
- Connecting Classrooms - Collaborative projects for learners, professional development for practitioners, a British Council initiative.
- Next Vista - Free online library of video resources for learners everywhere
- Practical Action- Practical Action is a development charity. It aims to inspire people to adopt practical ways to help themselves.
- Experiential Learning - Resources and downloadable training modules for proactive learning.
- E-Learning for Kids - Courses and games in Maths, Science, Health, Langauage etc. for children aged 5-12 years.
- Khan Academy - Resources for educators and students in Science and Humanities.
- EcoEd - Economics and Finance resources for K12
- ILO - International Labour Organization articles on youth entrepreneurship.
- Association for the Development of Education in Africa (ADEA)
- School Net South Africa
- British Association for International and Comparative Education - Promoting teaching, research, policy and development in all aspects of international and comparative education.
Education Support Organisations and Initiatives
- UNEVOC - UN International Center for Vocational Education & Training.
- British Council - Skills training for employability and much more!
- Technical Education and Skills Development Authority - Skills and competency based education resources from the Philippines
- Achievers International - join over 30,000 students in a practical introduction to international trading. Students and their teacher form a company, and import and export goods with a partner school overseas.
- Consortium for Entrepreneurship Education - A useful source of teaching materials and resources for entrepreneurship education.
- Grassroots Business Fund - Training, capital and mentorship to enable individuals to develop and launch viable and sustainable enterprises.
- HKCSS-HSBC Social Enterprise Business Centre - Promoting social entrepreneurship.
- Next Billion - Discussion forum, networking space and knowledge base for individuals and organizations about development and enterprise.
- Social Enterprise Alliance - Resources on earned income strategies for social benefit.
- Social Innovations Conversations - free podcasts on social entrepreneurship, environmental sustainability, philanthropy, corporate social responsibility, responsible investing, and more.
- Social Enterprise Solutions - A social enterprise toolkit, from start to finish.
- Unleashing ideas about entrepreneurship and innovation.
Blogs on Entrepreneurship
- Timbuktu Chronicles - A veritable goldmine of articles on entrepreneurship and small-scale technology with a social edge.
- Alpos - Fundraising guide for non-profits.
- Raise Funds - Non-profit fundraising resource.
Foundations which accept applications direct from local NGOs
- The Emerging Markets Foundation - US Foundation supporting local NGOs in select developing countries (see their list) working in education and several other areas
- The Global Fund for Children - Makes small grants to innovative community-based organizations working with some of the world’s most vulnerable children and youth.
- The Cottonwood Foundation - This foundation focuses its funding on grass roots organizations - in over 50 countries - relying strongly on volunteers and where support
In Kind Donations
- Pack For A Purpose - Request in kind donations from travellers
San Francisco Agricultural High School, Paraguay
Run by Fundacion Paraguaya this organic farm school has been running at 100% financial self-sufficiency since 2011, covering all its costs through income generating activities.
Baraka Agricultural College, Kenya
In support of its mission to promote Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development, Baraka maintains four income generating units which complement its educational work in a number of ways.
- Baraka Agricultural College
Delivering a generation of global citizens who are knowledgeable about and inspired to take responsibility for the sustainability of the world.
- Green School website.
- Barefoot Guide - a DIY guide - free to download - for leaders / facilitators to help organisations to function in more healthy, human and effective ways and contribute to a more humane society
- Development Gateway - huge online community for the international development community with vast database of resources & range of newsletters
- Eldis - download free more than 26,000 summarised documents from over 7,500 development organisations, on development, inc. resources (toolkits, guides etc.) & research.
- Idealist.org - Links to useful resources for non profits neatly categorized (fundraising, technology etc.)
- International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
- One World Trust - promoting good practice through codes of conduct, certification schemes, reporting frameworks, directories and awards.
- SEED -A global partnership for action on sustainable development and the green ecconomy. SEED supports innovative small-scale and locally driven entrepreneurships around the globe.
- Practical Action - An organisation that promotes sustainable technology to challenge poverty. Browse their publications or ask a question!
- Kopernik - An online technology marketplace.
- Marios Cleovoulou- Hay Sacks as an alternative, environmentally sustainable method of cooking. See 'Wonderbag' blog below for more info.
Networks, Newsletters & Blogs on International Development
- Social Edge - Informative and entertaining newsletter informing and connecting social entrepreneurs.
- All African Bazaar - Blog featuring short articles on charitable organizations with ongoing projects in Africa or impacting the African Diaspora.
- Poverty Matters Blog - The Guardian
UK Networks supported by Teach A Man To Fish
- BOND - British Overseas NGOs for Development (BOND) is the UK's broadest network of voluntary organisations working in international development. It aims to improve the UK's contribution to international development by promoting the exchange of experience, ideas and information.
- Trade Justice Movement - The Trade Justice Movement unites over 80 member organisations with more than 9 million members campaigning for fundamental change to the unjust rules and institutions governing international trade, so that trade is made to work for all.
- Go Self-Sufficient - Resources about low-cost energy, growing food, etc.
- Institute of Fundraising (UK) - Information about fundraising from the UK's professional body for fundraising.
- Kyoto Energy - working to make solar energy the most cost effective form of energy as it is already by far the most benign and plentiful
- Non-profit hub - Resources on topics like advocacy, development, fundraising and so on.
- Travolution - a global portal enabling local communities anywhere in the world to market their services to travellers. Travolution reinvests 90% of its profits into the local communities it works with.
- Voluntourism - supports the well-being and progression toward self-reliance of families and children in the US / Mexico Border Region of Northern Baja.