Communications and Media Relations:Communications and Media Relations:Communications and Media Relations:Communications and Media Relations:
Basis: Full-time paid position
Location: Finsbury Park, London, UK
Salary: £25,000 to £27,000
Start date: Immediate
Reporting to: Programme Development and Fundraising Manager
Direct Reports: None but management of UK office volunteers is part of the role
DEADLINE: 15TH OF DECEMBER
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at Teach A Man To Fish, an award-winning international development charity. We are looking for a proactive and driven individual, with a demonstrated track-record in marketing communications and excellent administrative capability. S/he will develop and manage communications, branding and marketing across the organisation for a range of external audiences. The Communications and Marketing Officer will also play an important role in marketing and communication for our flagship programme, the School Enterprise Challenge, to schools, teachers and students across the world.
About Teach A Man To Fish
At Teach A Man To Fish our mission is to empower young people in schools with the skills and mindsets that help them to succeed in work and in life. We guide schools step-by-step to set up student-led educational and profitable school businesses that are both educational and profitable. Participation in planning and running a real-life business empowers students with critical business, workplace, entrepreneurship and transferable life skills so that they leave school prepared to get a good job or run their own successful business.
We are a small organisation with big reach - since 2006 we have brought our pioneering School-Business Model to more than 100 countries, assisting over 300,000 young people.
The overall aim of this role is to raise the global profile of Teach A Man To Fish and the School Enterprise Challenge programme.
The Communications and Marketing Officer role encompasses two main areas of work – Communications and Media Relations and Marketing. The Officer will be managed and supported by the Programme Development and Fundraising Manager and will work closely with the School Enterprise Challenge programmes teams in the UK and in our countries of operation.
Communications and Media Relations:
- Create and manage high-quality communications for different Teach A Man To Fish media, social media, print materials and publications, and the Teach A Man To Fish website.
- Work with the Programme Development and Fundraising Manager to develop and implement a Teach A Man To Fish organisational communications strategy
- Manage the School Enterprise Challenge communications calendar to promote the programme across a range of media, social media, print materials and publications, and the School Enterprise Challenge website in English and Spanish
- Identify, develop and manage relationships with different media to raise the profile of Teach A Man to Fish, our programmes, our key staff and our partners in hi-profile media publications
- Ensure that all organisational communications materials adhere to our style guidelines
- With the support of the Fundraising Manager, develop and maintain effective organisational marketing materials
- Work closely with the School Enterprise Challenge programmes teams throughout the year to create and manage high-quality communications and marketing materials in English and Spanish
- Maintain contact database and email marketing system
- Recruit and line manage UK volunteers to support specific communications tasks
- Ensure collection of up-to-date communications materials including video, photographs, case studies, presentations, texts and maintain a central library of these
- Represent Teach A Man To Fish externally at conferences, meetings and other events
If you are interested in this position, please visit CharityJob to see the person specification and apply for the position.